Want to get into the holiday spirit? Whip up a batch these and your kitchen will smell like Mrs. Claus’s house!
Gingerbread Holiday Muffins
Author: Wendy McCallum, Wendy McCallum Coaching
- 3 cups whole wheat (or whole wheat pastry) flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 c almond/cashew, soy or cow’s milk
- ½ c maple syrup
- ½ c molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 c real cranberries (frozen & defrosted or fresh)*
- coarse sugar for sprinkling tops*
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- In a blender, blend bananas, milk, maple syrup, molasses, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add wet to dry ingredients, then stir in cranberries, if using. Take care not to overmix.
- Divide mixture among 24 greased muffin cups. Sprinkle each with a little coarse sugar, if using.
- Bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- These muffins can be frozen.