This is a perfect, healthy warm-weather dinner. Roast your veggies in the oven or throw them in a grill basket on the BBQ.
Roasted Spring Salad with Creamy Basil Dressing
Author: Wendy McCallum, Simple Balance
Serves: 4-5 servings
- ¼ c white onion
- ½ c packed fresh basil
- ¼ c olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp creamy dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 small head or ½ large head cauliflower, cut into florets (4 c florets)
- 1.5 c chickpeas (about 1 can, drained)
- 4 c cubed potatoes (1" cubes)
- 1 c grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, cut into ½" thick half moons
- 1 tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 4+ c baby spinach or other salad greens
- Preheat oven (or outside grill) to 400F.
- In a food processor, blend onion, basil, olive oil, vinegar, honey, dijon, salt and pepper until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, chickpeas, potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, oil and salt and toss well to coat.
- Spread veggies on baking sheet or BBQ/grill pan (use two if it's too much for one!) and roast 35-40 minutes, until potatoes are tender, turning every 10-15 minutes. Transfer back to bowl and toss well with dressing.
- Place 1 c or so of greens on each individual plate. Top each serving with ⅕-1/4 of the roasted veggie & dressing mixture.